Waste collection policies
We've made a commitment to you to provide waste and recycling services which meet your needs and are good value for money. Our refuse and recycling (bin) collection policy supports this commitment and explains how we carry this out.
Waste collection priorities
Our research shows that your priorities include:
- regular and reliable bin collections
- streets are left clean afterwards
Waste collection commitment - service standards
The waste collection commitment sets out ten service standards. We will:
- Explain clearly what waste collection services residents can expect to receive.
- Provide regular bin collections.
- Provide a reliable bin collection service.
- Consider any special requests that individual households may have.
- Design services and carry out bin collections in a way that doesn't produce litter.
- Collect as many materials for recycling as we can and explain what happens to them clearly.
- Explain what our service rules are and the reasons for them.
- Tell residents in good time about changes to services, including temporary changes.
- Respond to complaints.
- Tell all residents about our commitment to collecting waste.
Our bin collection policy
- how we will provide rubbish and recycling collection services
- what is required from residents