Young gymnasts shine at latest competitions
A County Durham gymnastics club is celebrating a series of competition triumphs.
A series of recent competitions have seen the young entrants win top places in various events.
Six gymnasts took to the floor for the first time at Deerness Gymnastic Club. This involved performing a set of floor skills, with Miah Hempsall placed third in her category.
Continuing their successful streak, four gymnasts took part in the club level floor and vault competition at Hartlepool following promotion from last year's event. Daniel Maughan, in the boys ten years and under, came fifth.
At the floor and vault recreational level competition at Gateshead, competitors were able to show their talent to win the following ribbons and medals:
- Ellie Iddon for first place and Hannah Vaioleti for third place in the eight years and under girls' category.
- Sam Howell for third place in the eight years and under boys' category.
- Abbie Porter for third place and Ameila Crawford for sixth place in the ten years and under category.
- Imogen Carter-Sedgewick for first place in the 12 years and under category.
- Evie Sizer for fifth place in the 14 years and under category.
Coaches Sophie Willis and Beth Guy were thrilled. Sophie said: "The children have worked so hard towards these events and we are really proud of them. It isn't easy performing in front of everyone on your own.
"We are also delighted that for next year's floor and vault, eight children have been promoted to club level and one to competition level. This is marvellous for a small club."
Teesdale Leisure Centre is run by us and delivers weekly lessons to 230 children per week.
The centre offers gymnastics for children age three to 16 years.
A limited number of places are available. For further information visit Teesdale Leisure Centre or contact reception on 03000 260 862.