Pay for a parking space
How to pay for a parking space at one of our car parks or pay and display parking.
The are several ways that you can pay for a parking space for our car parks and pay and display parking:
- use your phone (PayByPhone)
- contactless payments (where provided)
Clear information is displayed on the signs at the ticket machines.
Note our Durham City Park and Ride sites are not covered by this.
PayByPhone enables you to pay for and manage your parking tickets online or over the phone. It works across all of our (council run) car parks and on street pay and display areas.
A unique parking location number will be clearly marked on the ticket machine. You just need to enter this into the system, with your car registration number and credit / debit card.
There is a 15p transaction fee for using the PayByPhone facility.
How to access PayByPhone
- PayByPhone parking app on Apple App Store
- PayByPhone parking app on Google Play Store
- PayByPhone website
Benefits of PayByPhone
- no need to put a ticket on your dashboard
- text reminders and receipts if required
- email receipts
- VAT receipts
- countdown timer to warn you when your ticket will run out (app only)
- remote top up if you need a bit longer (within parking restrictions)
- multiple card payments for business parking
Some services may have additional fees. Please see the PayByPhone app or website for more information.