County Durham Local Offer
Our Local Offer information has been developed to allow parents, carers and young people to see more clearly what services are available locally to meet their educational needs and/or disabilities from birth to the age of 25.
A dedicated Local Offer section has been created on our County Durham Families Information Service website.
What information is included in the Local Offer?
The Local Offer includes what is available in the County Durham area for children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and/or disabilities during their time in education.
- sources of support, advice and information
- education, health and care provision
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEN
- how services can be accessed (including eligibility criteria) and how decisions are made
- arrangements for supporting children and young people move between school phases
- services to support young people in preparing for adulthood and independence
- leisure activities
- arrangements for disagreement resolution, complaints, mediation and appealing to the SEN Tribunal
- information on the review and development of the Local Offer itself. This information can be viewed on the Families Information Service: Local Offer - feedback, development and review webpage.