Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

Empty homes interest free loans

If you're a private landlord, or a prospective buyer looking for a property to move into, you might qualify for an interest free loan to help you move in.

There is some funding available to help you bring a long term empty residential property in council tax band A or B back into use. A long term empty home is one that has been empty for at least six months.

If you're interested in applying for a loan please contact us for further information and an application form.

What's available?

Disagreements / appeals

If you disagree with any aspect of the application process for a loan or grant, contact us as soon as possible. Your application maybe referred to a more senior officer to resolve. All decisions will be confirmed in writing.

If you are still dissatisfied, you can make a complaint.

Contact us
Private Sector Housing Advice Line
03000 268 000
Our address is:
  • Customer Access Point
  • St John's Square
  • Sophia Street
  • Seaham
  • County Durham
  • United Kingdom
  • SR7 7JE
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page