1. Do it online
  2. Have Your Say
  3. My Durham

A to Z

On our A to Z you will find an alphabetical list of the services and information we offer, as well as some information about key partner organisations. Please click on the letters below to see what options are available.

This page tells you how to apply for Care Connect.
Extra Care is specially designed housing developed with on-site care and support to offer older people and disabled people over the age of 55 an alternative to moving into a care home. Extra Care encourages people to live more independently.
Our community alarm service, known as Care Connect, can support you to live safely in your home despite increasing frailty, ill health or dementia.
Details of the services and support available to carers in County Durham.
Child protection procedures aim to protect and safeguard vulnerable children and young people at risk or suffering from physical, emotional or sexual abuse.
The Families Information Service is a free and impartial information service that supports families with children and young people on all aspects of family life.
We must keep a register of children and young people with a special educational need or disability, up to the age of 25. In County Durham we call this the Children and Young People's Network.
It is illegal to dispose of commercial or trade waste at Household Waste Recycling Centres (tips). We offer a trade waste collection service to businesses in County Durham from as little as £87 a year.
Care Connect, our community alarm service, is designed to enable vulnerable and/or at-risk residents in to maintain independence in their home.
See all of our council tax information.
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page