Who is eligible for garden waste collections?
Garden waste collections are available to more than 190,000 properties in County Durham. Find out what criteria properties must meet to be eligible and how to appeal if you think your property should have been included.
The map gives details of the area covered by the service.
In the Teesdale area, garden waste is collected by Teesdale Conservation Volunteers (Rotters).
Within the collection area there are certain eligibility criteria which all properties must meet to be eligible. This includes properties where you may need help to put your bin out.
- Each collection area/property must be easily accessible by a 26 tonne refuse collection vehicle. This includes being able to empty bins and turn the vehicle around easily and safely.
- The scheme is only available to those properties with gardens that lie within the identified scheme area.
- The garden waste bin must be stored within the boundaries of the property.
- Collections will only be offered to properties on either an adopted or planned adopted road.
Right of appeal
You have a right to appeal if your property has not been included in the scheme but you feel that it should be eligible, based on the criteria above. Make sure you include these reasons in your appeal.
Please note: if you submit an appeal and it is not upheld, you may not submit any further appeals unless there has been a change in your property's circumstances.
- Garden waste
- Garden waste
- 03000 261 000
Our address is:
- Regeneration and Local Services
- Durham County Council
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ