The One Point Service brings our staff together with the NHS and provides a variety of free advice and support and a range of activities for children, young people and families.
We support children, young people and their families from early pregnancy up until the young person reaches the age of 19 years and for some children and young people who have a disability, up to the age of 25 years.
How can One Point help you?
As the needs of young children are very different to young people, our integrated team is made up of a number of services who can provide support with a range of issues such as parenting skills, school attendance, activities for young people and progression into education and employment.
Services available are:
- Family Support - Support for families with children under 5 years old.
- Think Family Worker - Support for the whole family to overcome difficulties together.
- Attendance and Inclusion Family Practitioner - Support for children, young people and families when school attendance becomes an issue.
- Personal Advisors - Help for 13-19 year olds (25 if they have a disability) to move into education, employment or training.
- Health Visiting Service - A specialist health service to babies and children under 5 years old.
- School Nurse Service - A specialist public health service to all children and young people of school age and their families.
- Team Around the School support worker - Help for young people of school age to learn, achieve and succeed in school by developing their social and emotional capabilities.
- Wellbeing for Life - Support for children aged 5-13 years, and their parents to help them to feel more confident to cope with the challenges of family life.
We will make sure you receive the support most appropriate to your needs, when you need it. We will also make sure that when you contact One Point we will do everything we can to help you. We will not expect you to find the help you need, we will bring the services you need to you.
If you have a concern or need some help, advice or information, contact our First Contact Service. They will talk you through the support we can offer you and/or your child. We will then agree with you the most appropriate next steps to support you and your family.
If you are already being supported by a member of staff from the One Point Service, or you would like some further information about our service, you can contact us directly.
One Point hubs
The Service is supported by ten hubs that are located across the county. Each of our hubs have staff to help you with any concerns.
The One Point service provides access to services for families with children aged 0-5 years within children' centres and community buildings. We run play sessions, parenting programmes and offer training and volunteering opportunities for parents and carers. We also have links with Job Centre Plus and the Families Information Service.