Warm Homes Campaign
Transform your home with energy saving improvements like central heating or home insulation.
Our Warm Homes Campaign is the one-stop referral system for owner occupiers in County Durham. The Campaign helps residents to access energy efficiency grants to have a warmer home and lower energy bills.
If you own your own home, we may be able to offer you Advice on boilers, insulation and other energy saving advice schemes
We will contact all enquiries received and discuss the broad range of services that you could be eligible for. Assistance includes:
- advice on the grants available for boiler replacements and heating
- advice on the grants available for wall and loft insulation
- support with energy bills, switching energy companies and fuel debts
- energy saving advice
- benefit checks (from the Welfare Rights Team)
- fire safety checks (from Durham and Darlington Fire Service)
- help for those living in a cold home with a cold related illness
Some of these services may have an eligibility criteria.
If you think you might qualify for extra support, contact us.
Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a government energy efficiency scheme to help reduce carbon emissions and tackle fuel poverty. It requires energy suppliers to promote and fund the installation of energy efficiency measures that lead to financial savings on energy bills, such as installing insulation and heating measures. The suppliers can provide grants to install efficiency measures into your home, such as loft or wall insulation, or heating measures if you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit or have a low income.
Ofgem administers the scheme on behalf of the Government. To apply you will need to contact one of the approved energy supply companies listed on the Ofgem web page.
- Warm Homes Durham
- 03000 268 000