Better Business for All (BBfA)
If you are setting up a new business or just want to make sure you are compliant with all appropriate regulations then we can help you.
What is Better Business for All?
Better Business for All (BBfA) is a programme developed by central government to help businesses understand the regulations that apply to them and to create an environment that locally helps to support business growth. it is a voluntary partnership providing help and support to businesses to help them comply with the law, making it easier to 'get it right first time'.
Regulations can be complex and BBfA aims to make a positive impact by improving the way regulations are delivered and received. BBfA enables businesses to better understand systems and access services which suits their needs, supporting improved compliance and growth.
What are the local priorities?
- Communication: We need to ensure all business-facing information is clear, easy to understand and presented in business-focused language. We also need to promote BBfA within the county.
- Business engagement: We need to get businesses involved, and maximise opportunities to talk with them through meetings and events.
- Training: We need to train our staff in business mentoring to give them a better understanding of business and what business support resources are available locally, nationally and internationally. By better understanding business, we aim to establish a positive culture change in our working relationships.
How can businesses get involved?
Contact us and find out what we can do to help your individual business or business sector. We can also come to your local networking events and help spread the word about BBfA.
Who we can help
We help all businesses including:
- new start-ups or people considering a new business idea
- existing businesses
- businesses experiencing problems
- businesses considering expansion or relocation to new premises or areas
- businesses thinking about introducing new products, lines or methods of production
We want to help you establish and grow your business by providing advice and support to help you comply with regulations.
How we can help
We provide a friendly service and can help with such things as:
- free signposting to business advice sources
- tailored business advice
- removing red tape
- removing the fear of what regulations mean
To find out more about how we can help you or your business contact us.
See how we have helped others
While BBfA will help any business, our focus is on smaller businesses, who often need the most help.
CrossFit All Out
Vikki Anderson from CrossFit All Out said 'I would advise any business, small or large, to get in touch with the council and double check, because if you're investing in a new business, you want to make sure you have everything in place to make it a success'.
Watch Vikki explain how BBfA helped her: BBfA case study on YouTube - CrossFit All Out.
Who are the partners?
BBfA brings together businesses and the people who look after the regulations in the Durham area (including environmental health, licensing, trading standards and the Fire and Rescue Service), and our regional partners the North East Local Enterprise Partnership and the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).