Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

We continue to be here to support care leavers and there will always be someone you can contact to offer advice, help and support on 03000 262 271. 

Help for care leavers to get a job

We will support you with finding a job.

What help can I get?

Your Young Person's Advisor (YPA) or your social worker will:

  • help you write your CV
  • tell you about any job vacancies
  • help you apply for a job
  • help you prepare for an interview
  • help you with travel costs when going to job interviews
  • help you buy equipment and clothing you need


Your Young Person's Advisor (YPA) or your social worker can also refer you to DurhamWorks, where you will receive one to one support from a Personal Advisor. This will include:

  • help with a job search
  • helping you with any barriers to work such as transport or child care
  • activities to help you gain the skills, confidence and experience that employers look for



Contact us
Young People's Service
03000 262 289
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page