School holidays work experience for care leavers
Get work experience, new skills and increase your confidence when you take a work placement in the school holidays.
Teenagers 2 Work (T2W) offers you work placements during the school holidays - Summer, Easter, and October.
If you'd like a work experience placement, contact us.
Who can take part?
To take part you must be between 15 (by the end of year 10) and 21. You must be either:
- a looked after child
- a care leaver
You should also not have a paid job or be in full time training.
What do you get out of it?
- new skills and real work experience
- cash incentive
- bonus allowance for full attendance
- a certificate of achievement
- certificates from induction training (for example Emergency First Aid)
Why is work experience important?
- you have more chance of getting a job if you have work experience
- it's a good way of 'trying out' a job and gives you a gentle introduction to the world of work
- doing work experience shows you are motivated
- you might find something you are really passionate about
- it will help you build up your skills, and find out what your strengths and weaknesses are
- they might give you a heads up about future jobs!