Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

We continue to be here to support care leavers and there will always be someone you can contact to offer advice, help and support on 03000 262 271. 

Living with your foster carer at 18+

If you and your foster carer(s) agree, you can continue to live with them after you turn 18. This is known as 'staying put'.

You might want to do this because you want support while you finish your education or you might just need more time to make the transition to independence.

This can continue until you turn 21, or you can stop living in the household before then.

When you are 16, we'll start to think about this - and talk about it with you. We'll also record this in your pathway plan.


Contact us
Young People's Service
03000 262 289
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page