Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

We continue to be here to support care leavers and there will always be someone you can contact to offer advice, help and support on 03000 262 271. 

Where to live when you go to university (care leavers)

We will make sure you have somewhere to live when you go to university.

If you decide to go to university, we will:

  • help you to find somewhere to live
  • pay your rent while you are at university
  • provide somewhere for you to stay during university holidays if where you stay during term-time is not available

Many universities offer care leavers a guaranteed place in university owned accommodation which will cover the full 52 weeks per year.

See our Moving from care to university  page to find out about the help we can give you while you are at university.

Contact us
Young People's Service
03000 262 289
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page