Bins, rubbish and recycling collections
Rubbish and recycling collections remain as normal.
If you are homeworking, please park appropriately and leave access for bin crews to get lorries into estates and down small roads.
Rubbish and recycling collections
Rubbish and recycling collections remain as normal - as usual, you should put your bins out for collection at 7.00am on collection day but please be patient with bin crews during this difficult time.
The 2020 garden waste service collection has come to an end but you can sign up for the 2021 scheme. Find out more about our garden waste service.
How you can help
- Please remember to wash your hands before and after putting rubbish and recycling bins/boxes (bags/boxes) out and disinfect handles where possible.
- If you are self-isolating, double bag any tissues and wait three days before putting the bag in the rubbish bin in line with Government guidance.
- If you are homeworking, please park appropriately and leave access for bin crews to get lorries into estates and down small roads.
- You can place extra recycling in clear / see through bags next to your recycling bin and box on collection day
- Wash and squash so items are clean and to save space.
- Do not bag items in your recycling bin or box.
See our What goes in which bin? for more information.
We are not collecting any additional waste / rubbish in bags next to the bin. If your rubbish bin is full, you should bag any extra household rubbish and store it safely until it will fit in to your rubbish bin.
Avoid creating unnecessary additional waste (such as from gardening or DIY) that you cannot dispose of.
Bin repairs and replacements
Bin repairs and replacements are still taking place.
Only households with 6 persons or more in the family can apply for additional bin capacity. You cannot buy additional bins.
How we are protecting our bin crews
We are providing extra vehicles, drivers and assisting loaders in getting to site independently. This is part of our aim to limit those in a cab to two people where possible. Drivers will visit the waste transfer stations driving the vehicle alone. These measures, as well as washing facilities on board many vehicles, hand sanitisers and gloves, are all about reducing the risks to our crews.
- Customer Services
- Customer Services
- 03000 26 0000