Online education resources
While you're at home, why not learn something new, or work with your children to keep the boredom away.
The information listed on this page is aimed at supporting families during the COVID19 pandemic.
You may find the information listed helpful when children are not attending school. However, your child's school should be the first point of contact if they need support or resources.
This list of resources may be useful, however there are others available too. For example some useful information on supporting a child's education during the COVID19 pandemic is available at Gov.uk: COVID-19: guidance and support for parents and carers of children who are learning at home.
- BBC: Bitesize
- Classroom secrets
- ICT games (english and maths)
- Mrs. Mactivity
- Oak National Academy
- Premier League primary stars
- Schools out
- Twinkl - primary resources
- YouTube: Professor David Olusoga’s Live Lesson on Equality, representation and the census
- Let’s Count: Census 2021
- A comprehensive guide to teaching handwriting
- CBeebies: Alphablocks
- Letters and sounds
- Oxford owl for school and home
- Phonicsbloom: phonics games for the classroom
- Phonicsplay free
- Teach your monster to read
- The Maths Factor by Carol Vorderman
- CBeebies: Numberblocks
- Master the curriculum
- Primary stars education
- Times tables rock stars
- White Rose Maths
Durham Music Service release a new remote learning resources video each day and it can be filtered by year group.
They are also streaming 15 minutes of live music each day at 9.15am.
- Monday - signed song
- Tuesday - body percussion
- Wednesday - musical games
- Thursday - signed song
- Friday - body percussion