Council Plan and service plans
The Council Plan is our high level plan and is underpinned by a series of plans for service groupings. The Council Plan and service plans cover three years and are updated annually.
Council Plan 2016-2019
The Plan links closely with our Budget/Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) and sets out how we will consider our corporate priorities for improvement, and the key actions we will take to deliver the longer-term goals in the Sustainable Community Strategy and our own improvement agenda.
You can find the MTFP for 2016-2019 on our County Council agenda and minutes 24 February 2016.
Our Plan for 2016-2019 was discussed at Cabinet on 16 March 2016 and at the meeting of full council on 13 April 2016.
The actions within the Plan are structured around the five priority themes for County Durham, plus an additional one specifically for the council:
- Altogether wealthier - focusing on creating a vibrant economy and putting regeneration and economic development at the heart of all our plans
- Altogether healthier - improving health and wellbeing
- Altogether safer - creating a safer and more cohesive county
- Altogether better for children and young people - enabling children and young people to develop and achieve their aspirations, and to maximise their potential in line with Every Child Matters
- Altogether greener - ensuring an attractive and 'liveable' local environment, and contributing to tackling global environmental challenges
- Altogether better council - ensuring corporate improvements are achieved against the five priority themes.
The Plan is available in two formats:
Service plans 2016-2019
Service plans provide more detailed information on the actions we are taking to deliver our priorities, plus actions required for other service specific priorities. They have been prepared to a standard format and provide more detailed information on service context, details of strategic links, key actions and proposed savings required for other service specific priorities.
We will report on the progress we make in our Council Plan and service plans as part of our council performance.