The respiratory conditions course has been designed to give you an understanding of the most prevalent and common conditions that an individual can experience. Is helps you to have a basic understanding of the anatomy of the respiratory system and how conditions including asthma, COPD, chest infections and COVID-19 effect someone, identifying common signs and symptoms and basic treatment to help manage these in the community.
Who is suitable?
This course is designed to provide an overview of sepsis to care workers, it is also suitable as refresher training for nurses.
The course is delivered by North East Ambulance Service paramedic trainer via a 2-hour webinar followed by a multiple-choice online assessment.
This course will help professionals understand some of the main respiratory conditions, gaining the knowledge to different conditions a patient may suffer and how to manage these patients.
What you will learn
- Understand what the respiratory system is and functions
- Looking at different respiratory conditions, signs & symptoms and management/ treatment/ preventions including:
- Chest infections / pneumonia
There are two sessions to choose from (you only need attend one):
- Thursday 15 September 2022 - 2.00pm to 4.00pm
- Thursday 17 November 2022 - 2.00pm to 4.00pm
How to book
To book this course, please contact us.
- Care Academy
- 03000 260 222