Ways to Wellbeing - Health Commitment Statement
Your health is your responsibility. We are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the activities that we offer. With this is mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal decisions and allow you to make your own decisions about which activities you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the activities we offer are as safe as possible for you to enjoy.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our instructors and activity leaders are qualified to the industry standards set by each relevant governing body.
- If you tell us that you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our activities, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- You should not take part in activities which are beyond your own abilities. Before you access our activities, you should get advice from a relevant medical professional if you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely.
- You should pay attention to any introductions and safety briefings, make yourself aware of any rules, and be mindful of any hazards and warning notices. Exercise carries its own risks. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- You should let us know immediately if you feel ill when taking part in our activities. Our instructors and activity leaders are not qualified doctors, but there will be a person available who has had first-aid training.
- If you have a disability, follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to take part in the activity safely.
- This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligation which you or we must meet.