Clinical staff support and training
Nursing and clinical staff roles are integral in enhancing and improving the general health, well-being and comfort of residents in care provisions. Clinical support roles also offer an ideal entry route to many careers in health, such as nursing especially for people with commitment and enthusiasm.
The Care Academy works together with local partners and other organisations to offer training and professional development opportunities to clinical staff in County Durham.
Information and resources
- NECS Medicines Matters Newsletter - Medicines information for social care staff
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- QNI Care Home Nurses Network
- Skills for Care Nursing
- Royal College of Nursing Care Home Journey
- Nurse Lifeline - Nurse Lifeline is a national, free, confidential, peer-led listening service in the UK run by nurses and midwives, for nurses and midwives. Telephone Number: 08088 010 455 from 7.00pm - 11.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- County Durham Care Academy
- 03000 260 222
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ