Fluids and Nutrition including Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST)
Delivered in partnership with training2care this virtual session aims to increase your knowledge regarding the principles of Hydration and Nutrition.
It begins by explaining what is meant by the term "malnutrition" and the importance of good nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing. This course includes a brief introduction to the new International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative.
This course is ideal for all Health and Social Care staff.
The course is a virtual session over 2 hours, at the end of the session you will complete a short assessment to evidence the learning which will take you approximately 1 hour to complete.
You will learn how to use the MUST score to determine how to manage a person's nutritional needs.
What you will learn
By completing this course, you will gain an understanding of Fluids and Nutrition and how this supports wellbeing which will develop and improve your skills in a health and social care setting.
You will cover
- Introduction - Principles of Hydration and Nutrition.
- Support individuals to have access to fluids in accordance with their plan of care.
- Support individuals to have access to food and nutrition in accordance with their plan of care.
- Nutrition and wellbeing -Understand what constitutes a healthy, balanced diet.
- Understand International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI).
- Explain why nutritional screening is important and when it should take place.
- Identify those who are at risk of malnutrition and the consequences of malnutrition.
- Demonstrate an ability to accurately calculate overall MUST risk score.
- Understand the importance of a balanced diet and how to develop a nutritional management care plan if necessary.
- Course delivered via virtual session to give you flexibility of study.
There are two sessions to choose from (you only need attend one)
- Thursday 28 July 2022 - 9.30am - 11.30am
How to book
To book this course, please contact us.
- Care Academy
- 03000 260 222