Emergency First Aid at Work - Level 3 Award Qualification
This course is delivered in partnership with North East Air Ambulance Service (NEAS).
The course will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to provide appropriate care and manage life threatening conditions, minor illness, and injuries.
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
Who is the course for?
This course is only available to council commissioned providers and is ideally suited to workplaces which have lower health and safety risks.
It is designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work to provide first aid in a range of emergency first aid situations, and for people who have a specific responsibility to provide basic first aid in voluntary and community activities.
This course is delivered face to face over 1 day, it includes 3 practical assessments and 1 theory assessment which is a multiple choice paper.
There will be a continuous formative assessment conducted throughout the course.
What you will learn
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand the role of the first aider including infection control and recording incidents.
- Assess situations, circumstances, and events in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure), choking, wounded, bleeding or suffering from shock.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds and small splinters.
- Deliver and assess the safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- On successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work.
- This course is an Ofqual regulated qualification which is valid for 3 years.
Course dates and times
Currently no training dates are planned.
How to book
If you require this training, please contact us to express an interest and we will notify you if any future dates are planned.