Wellbeing health commitment statement
We are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the activities that we offer. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal choices and allow you to make your own decisions about which activities you can take part in. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the activities we offer are as safe as possible for you to enjoy.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our leaders and instructors are qualified to the industry standards set by each relevant governing body.
- If you notify us that you are managing a long-term health condition, we will support and encourage you to take an active part in the activity. However, we recognise that long-term health conditions are not predictable and encourage you to consider your own ability on a session-by-session basis.
- If you tell us that you have a disability and/or a long-term health condition which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our activities, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- You should not take part in activities which are beyond your own abilities. Before you access our activities, you should get advice from a relevant medical professional if you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely.
- You should pay attention to any introductions and safety briefings, make yourself aware of any rules, and be mindful of any hazards and warning notices. Exercise carries its own risks. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- You should let us know immediately if you feel ill when taking part in our activities. Our leaders are not qualified doctors, but there will be a person available who has been trained in first-aid.
- If you have a disability and/or are managing a long-term health condition, follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to take part in the activity safely.
This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligation which you or we must meet.
- Culture and Sport
- 03000 266 555
Our address is:
- Regeneration and Local Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UL