Encouraging vaccination uptake course
The course will enable those attending to start and have positive informed conversations with people about taking up the offer of vaccination and help to deal with vaccine hesitancy and concerns.
This course has been developed in response to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic and the Autumn/Winter flu vaccination programme 2022/2023. It is delivered in partnership with Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) and is a nationally accredited qualification.
Who the course is for?
This course is for all staff working in Health and Social Care.
This one day training course is face to face and includes completion of a workbook to demonstrate knowledge and understanding gained.
What you will learn
By completing this course, you will understand the importance of vaccines and the key features of vaccination programmes. You will cover sources of vaccine concern and hesitancy and what can impact behaviour change and how to explore these with individuals.
- Know the importance of vaccines and the key features of vaccination programmes.
- Understand sources of vaccination concern and hesitancy.
- Knowledge of what can impact on behaviour change and how to explore these factors with individuals.
- Understand how to apply models of behaviour change in a brief intervention or conversation with an individual around vaccination programmes.
- reduce the number of cases and spread of disease
- increase vaccination up take
- reduce the number of people becoming ill
- reduce the number of hospitalisations
- reduce the Winter pressures facing the NHS
- reduce serious illness and deaths
Course dates and times
Currently no training dates are planned.
How to book
If you require this training, please express an interest and we will notify you if any future dates are planned.
Please contact us.
- Care Academy
- 03000 260 222