Why choose Durham County Council?
We are passionate about our apprenticeship programme and committed to providing our apprentices with a path to success.
Here are a few reasons why you should choose us:
- We are a modern employer with a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous annual leave entitlement.
- We offer a great work/life balance! With the opportunity of flexible, home and office working for many of our roles.
- We have a successful track record in supporting our apprentices to secure permanent employment.
- We are a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer! We are recognised for our commitment to creating new apprenticeships, for the diversity of our apprentices, and for the number of apprentices successfully achieving their apprenticeship.
- As a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion, we are committed to equality and diversity in the workplace. We recognise the value of difference; and encourage applications from people who represent diversity, including neurodiversity.
- We support our apprentices every step of the way, with a dedicated Mentor and great networking opportunities with other apprentices.
- We want to learn from you! Apprentices bring us fresh ideas and challenge our thinking. Help us shape the future!
John Hewitt, our Chief Executive Director talks about our apprenticeship programme and his journey from apprentice to Chief Executive.