A strategy to tackle domestic abuse and sexual violence
Tackling domestic abuse and sexual violence are key priorities of the Safe Durham Partnership, of which we are a member. The Safe Durham Partnership have published a strategy to tackle domestic abuse and sexual violence in County Durham.
What's our role?
We contribute to the delivery of this strategy by:
- supporting the County Durham Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Forum Executive and Core Strategy groups
- supporting the work of the Safe Durham Partnership
- commissioning services to support victims of domestic abuse and children witnessing abuse
- contributing to the Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference process
- supporting local domestic abuse and sexual violence forums
- funding voluntary perpetrator programmes
- supporting individuals and families affected by domestic abuse.
Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Strategy 2015 - 2018
The Safe Durham Partnership have recently published their. This has been developed following consultation with partners, stakeholders, services and service users.
This document provides the strategic framework for the partnership in tackling domestic abuse over the coming three years.
Any queries relating to the strategy document should be directed to the Community Safety Team.
See our other pages on Domestic Abuse or find out how to get help and support if you are a victim of domestic abuse.