We have developed a range of subsidised training courses and events for retail businesses in the county covering digital marketing, health and safety, customer services, window displays and food safety.
Highstreet Business Support Programme
Retail is changing at a speed we have not seen before and this brings big challenges and opportunities. To meet the needs of these changes and the increasing demand from customers for more options, both in-store and digital needs to come together to make the customer experience better.
Durham Employment and Skills have teamed up with Community Economic Development at Durham County Council to provide access to training for retail businesses to explore the opportunities of using social media to develop your business online.
The Digital Media in Business course covers the following topics over three sessions.
- Session 1 - Digital Marketing
- Session 2 - Develop your business online
- Session 3 - Using Social Media to grow your business
View full details at
The courses will be run virtually as a set of 3 sessions over three days starting with Session 1 on day one followed by sessions 2 and 3.
- Course 1: Tuesday 1st June, Wednesday 2nd June and Thursday 3rd June 8.00am - 10.00am each session.
- Course 2: Wednesday 9th June, Friday 11th June and Wednesday 16th June 4.00pm - 6.00pm each session.
- Course 3:Monday 21st June, Thursday 24th June and Friday 25th June 8.00am - 10.00am each session.
There is a £10 fee to enrol onto each course.
To book your place please contact us.
If you are an employer and would like to discuss any training requirements, please contact us.