Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

Our online benefit claim and calculator will not be available between 7.00pm on Friday 21 January and 9.00pm on Saturday 22 January due to maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Covid-19 financial support

We know that Coronavirus has affected people across County Durham with many of you needing extra help at this difficult time. We have put together a list of support available.

Test and trace payment

If you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self isolate and you will lose earnings as a result of this, you may be eligible to claim a Apply for a test and trace support payment.

Pension credit 

Pensioners are now able to apply for Pension Credit online to help those who are self-isolating.

This means that you can claim without having to leave your home and at a time which suits you. It also avoids the wait to get through on the phone, at a time when phone lines may be particularly busy.

Pension Credit can still be claimed by phone or post, the online claim is an additional option.

Make an online application: Pension Credit how to claim.

Claiming benefits through Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

Up to date information from the DWP on how it can help those affected by coronavirus to claim benefits can be found at DWP: coronavirus and claiming benefits. This includes information about Universal Credit, Statutory Sick Pay, Employment and Support Allowance and Jobseekers Allowance.

Other financial support available

Details of other financial support can be found on our Help with your money page.

Contact us
Customer Services
03000 26 0000