Residential services for children and young people
We care for children and young people from across the county. Some children and young people need the support of our dedicated and highly skilled residential carers, particularly those who cannot live at home or who enjoy a short break in our home for those with additional needs.
We currently provide this care in ten children's homes across the county and offer a range of different services. Some children and young people will stay with us for a short while, whilst others may live in our care for some years.
Ofsted inspections will frequently comment on our experienced, highly motivated teams who go the extra mile to ensure the best possible outcomes for children. We work hard to promote their safety and their wellbeing and engage with a wide number of partners to achieve this.
Our children's homes are well-appointed and welcoming and meet the standards set out in the Children's Homes Regulations 2015. The homes adopt a restorative approach to help young people develop empathy.
What we offer
- long-standing experience of working with young people and their families
- a well-established culture of working across agencies including Education, Youth Offending, Social Work, Health and the Police
- tight recruitment policies based on safeguarding children and young people, carefully monitored by our Human Resources team
- good quality mandatory training for all residential staff to meet all aspects of legislation
- additional quality training from a range of professionals to help us meet the needs of individual young people
- excellent staff retention resulting in well experienced, well developed work-force with a wide range of skills and interests
- excellent staffing structures with a good ratio of staff to young people appropriate to the 'Statement of Purpose' of the home
- Residential and Community Services
- 03000 263355
Our address is:
- 1 Brough Close
- Newton Aycliffe
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DL5 6JB