It's Your Neighbourhood Campaign
The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) 'It's Your Neighbourhood' (IYN) campaign encourages communities to come together and make their neighbourhoods a cleaner and greener place to live.
What is the 'It's Your Neighbourhood' (IYN) campaign?
The RHS It's Your Neighbourhood scheme provides an opportunity for smaller community groups to get involved in the wider RHS Northumbria in Bloom and Britain in Bloom competitions. It is a scheme for volunteer-led community gardening groups and horticultural enthusiasts to take part in projects that are relevant to local environment issues. This can include cleaning up a local park, revamping a run-down back alley or adding floral or planting displays to outdoor open spaces.
It is free to enter and encourages projects that meet three core goals:
- community participation
- gardening achievement
- environmental responsibility.
Guidance and support
We can help groups entering the campaign with:
- funding through the Community Grant Scheme (see below)
- loan of equipment
- land ownership queries
- liaising with council departments to gain permissions for projects on public land
- advice on plants and planting
- links to schools for pupil involvement
- an extra pair of hands at your project - we can also provide health, safety and risk assessments when attending events
- advice on what the IYN judges are looking for.
Community grant scheme - 2018/19
If you are part of a group who want to get involved in improving the environment in your area contact us to apply for a share of the available funding.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7 December.
If you'd like more information about the 'It's Your Neighbourhood' campaign, or other Civic Pride schemes, please contact us.