It's Your Neighbourhood Campaign
The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) 'It's Your Neighbourhood' (IYN) campaign is now open for entries. The campaign encourages communities to come together and make their neighbourhoods a cleaner and greener place to live.
What is the 'It's Your Neighbourhood' (IYN) campaign?
The RHS It's Your Neighbourhood scheme provides an opportunity for smaller community groups to get involved in the wider RHS Northumbria in Bloom and Britain in Bloom competitions. It is a scheme for volunteer-led community gardening groups and horticultural enthusiasts to take part in projects that are relevant to local environment issues. This can include cleaning up a local park, revamping a run-down back alley or adding floral or planting displays to outdoor open spaces.
In the past seven years we have helped over 100 community led projects.
The scheme is free to enter and encourages projects that meet three core goals:
- community participation
- gardening achievement
- environmental responsibility.
Guidance and support
We can help groups entering the campaign with:
- funding through the Community Grant Scheme (see below)
- loan of equipment
- land ownership queries
- liaising with council departments to gain permissions for projects on public land
- advice on plants and planting
- links to schools for pupil involvement
- an extra pair of hands at your project - we can also provide health, safety and risk assessments when attending events
- advice on what the IYN judges are looking for.
Community grant scheme - 2021/2022
This year's scheme opened for entries on Monday 29 November and applicants have until Friday 14 January to submit entries.
If you'd like more information about the 'It's Your Neighbourhood' campaign, or other Civic Pride schemes, please contact us. Successful entries will be informed in January 2021.