Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Have Your Say
  3. My Durham

A to Z

On our A to Z you will find an alphabetical list of the services and information we offer, as well as some information about key partner organisations. Please click on the letters below to see what options are available.

We will arrange for the collection and removal of abandoned shopping trolleys wherever possible.
An abandoned vehicle is one which appears to have been left without an owner. It may not have been moved for a long time and it may be in poor condition, vandalised or in a dangerous position.
Protecting adults from abuse and harm is a significant concern for public organisations in County Durham. We work in partnership with Durham Constabulary, the Probation Service, Care Quality Commission and the NHS.
Find out about the range of courses available to help you brush up on your basic skills or become qualified in a completely new area of work. Some courses are free for everyone and some are free depending on your circumstances, eg if you're unemployed.
Find out about courses and training we can offer.
If you're having trouble managing your money, with rent arrears or dealing with debt, you should get help as soon as possible. You can get free and impartial advice and support from a range of places.
Air quality in County Durham, what we are doing and what you can do to reduce air pollution.
Care Connect, our community alarm service, is designed to enable vulnerable and/or at-risk residents in County Durham to maintain independence in their home.
The signs that someone has significant health or social problems as a result of alcohol or other drug use will depend on what drug they are taking or how much alcohol they consume. This page provides advice and information on alcohol and directs you to support services available in County Durham.
Allotments information, including how to apply for one, how much it costs and how to raise enquiries.
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page