Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

Dangerous wild animals licence

To own a dangerous wild animal in County Durham you must first obtain a licence from us.

The law is changing - please contact us to enquire about applying for a licence, and to find out if you are eligible to apply.

Current applications, concerns and complaints

If you require any further information or advice regarding your application, have concerns regarding a premises that houses dangerous wild animals, or if you have a complaint, please contact us.

Contact us
Animal health
03000 261 016
Our address is:
  • Community Protection
  • Durham County Council
  • PO Box 617
  • Durham
  • County Durham
  • United Kingdom
  • DH1 9HZ