Request a Petroleum Environment search
If you are developing a plot of land, or have concerns about possible pollution from stored petrol on land (in County Durham), you can ask us to carry out a search.
These locations may have previously been:
- petrol filing stations
- transport depots
- other commercial premises
We will check our records to find out whether this location has:
- been used to store petrol, including the number and size of tanks
- old petrol tanks remaining on the land
To see if land has possible pollution from stored petrol you can apply to Search the stored petrol register.
It costs £99 to request a search. When we complete the search we'll let you know whether we hold any records for this land.
We aim to respond to your enquiry within 20 workings days after we have received your request and payment.
- Environment, Health and Consumer Protection
- 03000 261 016
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- Environment, Health and Consumer Protect
- PO Box 617
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 9HZ