Freedom of Information (FOI) requests
Find out how you can make an FOI request.
What can help us deal with your request quickly
- Set out the information you want clearly - if we are unsure of what it is you want we will have to ask for further clarification.
- Ask us for specific information rather than using open-ended questions - 'What or 'how much' will lead to better and clearer responses than 'why'.
- If appropriate, specify a time period.
- Be precise with what you want - your request may be refused if it is broad enough to be too expensive or time-consuming to deal with.
- Avoid basing your request on assumptions or opinions, or mixing requests with complaints, comments or service requests.
- You don't have to specify the format of the information - we will send it in the format we hold it in.
- We can only provide information we hold and we do not have to create new information in order to answer your request.
The request process
Once you have send us your request, we will:
- acknowledge receipt of your request
- respond to your request within 20 working days from the date of receipt
- provide you with advice and assistance in relation to your request
- keep you informed of the progress of your request
- tell you if a fee is applicable to your request.
We must supply the information in 20 working days, unless:
- we need more information from you to find what you have asked for
- we apply an exemption to withhold information
- a time extension is necessary
- you have not paid the requested fee