Changes to bus timetables and routes
Bus companies are running revised timetables due to Covid-19.
Bus operators are increasing many services to ensure people can make essential journeys. Information on service changes for each bus operator is provided here. Please note that all services will continue to be monitored in line with demand and ongoing advice from the government and public health bodies.
Please only use public transport if necessary. If you have any concerns about travelling on buses, please contact the relevant bus operator.
Note that is is mandatory to wear a face covering (unless exempt) when using public transport in England. See our Latest Covid-19 travel advice page for advice about face coverings.
Arriva North East
- revised timetables on services from 27 September 2020
- further information and timetables are available at Arriva: coronavirus information
Go North East
- revised timetables on all services from 31 October 2020
- further information and timetables are available at Go North East: coronavirus information
Weardale Motor Services
- X21/X6 (Stanhope to Newcastle) - cancelled until further notice
- other services running as normal
- 713 (Flinthill to Stanley) - not operating Saturday service
- Service 35A (Bishop Auckland to Ferryhill) - operating a reduced timetable
Durham County Council
The following services are cancelled until further notice:
- 205 (Peterlee to Horden)
- 215 (Seaham Interchange to Deneside and Westlea)
- 726 (Sacriston and Nettlesworth to Chester-le-Street)
All other operators
- services running to existing timetables until further notice