Sector Based Work Academy in Adult Social Care
Recent statistics show that the number of jobs in adult social care was estimated at 1.63 million, but only 1.5 million people fill these available roles. Demand for adult social care is constantly increasing as people who use the services are living longer, meaning there is a rising need for quality providers of care.
Have you ever considered how you might contribute to the care of vulnerable adults in society?
This course prepares you for any role within adult social care, in order to ensure the needs of vulnerable people continue to be met.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is suitable for those who are looking to work in, or widen their knowledge of, the adult social care sector. The course will develop your knowledge of the responsibilities of adult social care workers, the diverse needs of the people using the services, and other important factors such as abuse and safeguarding.
This course can be delivered in the classroom where you will be assessed by your tutor using a variety of methods including group discussions, practical assessment, and portfolio of evidence. We also offer this course virtually via e learning and online assessments.
No exams - just assessments
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the social cared sector
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- Employment opportunities with a guaranteed interview with local care providers
What you will learn
The course will cover the following and include accredited qualifications:
Level 1 Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care which covers:
- Employability and Personal Development including interview skills and preparation for work
- Food Safety
- Emergency First Aid
- Elements of the Care Certificate
- Work Experience in the Sector
- FREE DBS
- At the end of the course each learner will be guaranteed an interview with a Health and Social Care provider.
How to book
To book this course, please contact us.
- Care Academy
- 03000 260 222