Apply for housing
You can apply to rent a home in County Durham through Durham Key Options. This includes former council housing.
How to apply
Register with Durham Key Options
Before you can apply for a house, you must register with Durham Key Options (you only need to do this once). Once registered you'll be able to apply for housing in County Durham.
Search for and bid on homes
Once you've registered with Durham Key Options you can:
- search for a home
- bid for a home
Durham Key Options
Durham Key Options includes properties managed by:
- believe housing - covers housing in Durham City, and surrounding areas, East Durham and Wear Valley
- Karbon Homes - covers housing in Chester-le-Street, Sacriston, Great Lumley, Pelton, Consett, Stanley, Lanchester, Langley Park and surrounding areas.
- Livin - covers housing in Sedgefield, Newton Aycliffe, Spennymoor and surrounding areas.
- North Star Housing Group - covers housing in Barnard Castle, Cockfield, Evenwood, Etherley and surrounding areas.
Home exchange, mutual exchange and HomeSwap Direct
Most housing association tenants, have a right to exchange properties, provided that their landlords give approval. Find out more about home swaps.
In partnership with
- Durham Key Options
- Homeless (freephone number)
- 08081 968 406