Child employment permit
Within one week of employing a young person of compulsory school age, an employer must forward a permit application to the child employment officer.
Contact us for a form. You must return it within one week of employing the child.
The application must include:
- the name, address and date of birth of the young person
- details of the school the young person attends
- a statement of the young person's fitness to work signed by the parent/guardian
- the employer's name and address
- the hours and days on which the young person is to be employed, the task involved and the place of employment
- a copy of an appropriate risk assessment
A permit will be issued when we are satisfied the work is lawful and the health, education and wellbeing of the young person will not be affected.
- Child employment
- 03000 265 902
Our address is:
- Children and Young People Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UJ