Child employment permit
Within one week of employing a young person of compulsory school age, an employer must forward a permit application to the child employment officer.
Download and complete the. Return this to the address included in the form within one week of employing the child.
The application must include:
- the name, address and date of birth of the young person
- details of the school the young person attends
- a statement of the young person's fitness to work signed by the parent/guardian
- the employer's name and address
- the hours and days on which the young person is to be employed, the task involved and the place of employment
- a copy of an appropriate risk assessment
A permit will be issued when we are satisfied the work is lawful and the health, education and wellbeing of the young person will not be affected.
- Child employment
- 03000 265 902
Our address is:
- Children and Young People Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UJ