Child performance licence
Applications for a child performance licence should be made through our Child Employment Office.
Children of compulsory school age and children who are pre-school age require a child performance licence if they wish to participate in:
- a live broadcast or recorded performance - for example, a television or radio programme or film
- a theatre performance, where audience members are required to pay a charge
- professional sport or modelling
- any performance in a licensed premises
Contact us to get a child performance application form or if you have any questions about the process. Completed applications and accompanying documents must be received by us a minimum of 21 days before the performance.
Children licensed to perform must be supervised by a chaperone we have approved during rehearsals and performances. Contact us for information about the chaperone approval process and an application form. Chaperones must apply to us or their local council.
For a summary of the basic legislation relating to legal requirements for children taking part in entertainment, please visit the National Network for Children in Employment and Entertainment website.
- Child employment
- 03000 265 902
Our address is:
- Children and Young People Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UJ