Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

If you're of working age and think you may be eligible for help with your rent, you must apply for Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit. Please note that the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for Universal Credit.

View your Housing Benefit account online

Register for secure access to your Housing Benefit online account. View your information at any time without needing to keep track of or store paper bills.

What can I do once my account is set up?

You can:

  • log in at a time that suits you - 24 hours a day, seven days a week
  • see account details that are updated instantly, so the information is always accurate
  • tell us about any change in your personal details (eg name or contact information), without having to contact us via the telephone or email
  • check your council tax account, including your outstanding balance, future instalments and bill transactions

What else can I do online?