Children and Young People's Services
Children and Young People's Services bring together a number of functions to help support children, young people and families in County Durham.
The Corporate Director of Children and Young People's Services is John Pearce.
There are two service areas within Children and Young People's Services:
There is also a service within Adult and Health Services that provides commissioning services for Children and Young People's Services.
In addition, there are DurhamLearn, DurhamDirections and DurhamWorks3 services, and a DurhamWorks programme for schools.
- protect vulnerable people from harm as part of our statutory duty, working with local partners
- work with schools and partner organisations to ensure that children and young people are supported to achieve, attain and be prepared for adulthood
- help children and young people make positive and healthy choices
- support a range of intervention and prevention services to improve outcomes for families
- work with the police and other partners to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
- look after children and young people in public care and care leavers
- provide adoption services
- Customer Services
- 03000 26 0000
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ