Large items (bulky waste) collections
If you've got large items (bulky waste) to dispose of like furniture or white goods, or DIY waste like baths or radiators, which are too big to fit into your bin, we can take it away for a fee.
There is a charge based on what the item is and how many you would like taken away. You need to pay for this when you book online before the collection will take place.
- Small items e.g. bags of household waste, children's toys, dining chairs, a mirror or an airbed. You can have up to and including 6 items for £16. If more than 6 items, each additional small item is charged at £2.50.
- Large/DIY items e.g. a door, fridge freezer, sofa, cooker, mattress or table. You can have up to and including 3 items for £16. If more than 3 items, each additional large item is charged at £5.00.
- Exception items. We collect exception items priced at £32 per item.
Seefor a list of small, large / DIY, exception items.
You can have a mixture of small and large items a maximum of 2 of each for the minimum charge of £16. The cost of the collection will be automatically calculated as you add your items to the list on the online form.
Items we cannot collect
There are items that we cannot collect, these include: plasterboard, asbestos, hazardous waste, tyres, gas canisters/bottles, paint tins containing paint, chemicals, sunbed tubes, fluorescent light tubes and large batteries (from ride on toys/mobility scooters).
On the day of collection
- Place all items together at the side of the property where your bin is normally emptied and as close to the edge of the boundary of the property as possible
- We will only take away the items you have booked with us, and have put out for collection
- Please bag small items
- Make sure we can gain access to the items - unlock gates where applicable and place items at the side of the property where your bin is normally emptied, as close to the edge of the boundary of the property as possible.
- Put your items out before 7.00am on the collection day, but please don't put them out the day before as this could lead to an unlicensed person taking them and possibly flytipping them.
It may be that this is not the best way to get rid of your large items. Also consider:
- household hazardous waste permits - we won't collect household hazardous waste
- Reusing furniture and household items
- household waste recycling centre
- Skip Hire Network (for information on hiring a skip)
These bulky collection prices are for domestic household properties only, please see our business waste collection information for details on commercial waste collections.
- Customer Services
- 03000 26 0000