Covid-19 advice and information
On 4 January 2021 the government announced a full national lockdown - view the government guidance. You must now stay at home at all times except for essential reasons. These include to:
- to shop for basic necessities
- to go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if we cannot reasonably do so from home
- to exercise with our household (or support bubble) or one other person. This should be limited to once per day, and we should not travel outside our local area
- to meet your support bubble or childcare bubble, but only if you are permitted do form one
- to seek medical assistance or to avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including Domestic abuse)
- to attend education if eligible or for childcare
- government advice for those who are extremely clinically vulnerable is to shield
- you cannot leave your home or the place where you are living for holidays or overnight stays unless you have a reasonable excuse for doing so. This means that holidays in the UK and abroad are not allowed. This includes staying in a second home or caravan, if that is not your primary residence.
For information on council services and how they are affected by national lockdown, see our service changes due to lockdown.