Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

The following systems will be unavailable from 2.00pm on Thursday 29 February until 7.30am on Tuesday 5 March: our online Council Tax, business rates and housing benefit services, and our welfare assistance form. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Councillors & MPs

Find information about your local councillors, MP and MEPs including how to contact them.

Local councillors are elected by the community to decide how the authority should carry out its various activities. They represent public interests as well as people living within the electoral division they have been elected to serve.

You can find out who your local councillor is and other information, such as their surgery times and how to contact them, by using:

Councillors' allowances

We publish details of Councillors' allowances paid to each county councillor.

Councillors' Register of Interests

All councillors (both county and parish/town councillors) and voting co-opted members are required by law to register any financial, business or land interests they have including their employment, directorships and contracts between themselves/their firm and the council. They are also required to register interests, of which they are aware, of their spouse or partner if applicable.

You can view each councillors' Register of Interests on the Your Councillors page by clicking on the county councillor.

You can also view the Parish and Town Councils Register of Interests.

Council political make-up

We have 126 councillors and 63 mixed-pattern electoral divisions (consisting of between one and three councillors per division). Councillors are elected by the people of County Durham to make decisions on their behalf and which shape the way services are provided. See more about the Council's political make-up.

Become a councillor can be a rewarding experience. If you live in County Durham and are thinking about becoming a councillor in your area, find out what Support for councillors we offer.


You can find out more about your local MP and how to contact them on the Your MPs page.

Contact us
Committee Services
03000 269 714
Our address is:
  • Durham County Council
  • County Hall
  • Durham
  • County Durham
  • United Kingdom
  • DH1 5UL
0191 383 4206