Definitive Public Rights of Way map online
The map shows the different status of the routes available, including public footpaths, bridleways, restricted byways and byways.
This map is a working copy of the Definitive Map for County Durham showing all known public rights of way and is updated weekly, on a Wednesday evening. The categories of public rights of way depicted on the map are:
- public footpath - walkers only
- public bridleway - walker, horse riders and cyclists only
- restricted byway - walker, horse riders, cyclists and non-motor vehicles
- public byway - walkers, horse riders, cyclists and all other vehicles
To ensure accuracy of the data you will only be able to view the Definitive Map data at 3 map scales ie 1:2,500, 1:5,000 and 1:10,000.
- Access and Rights of Way
- 03000 265 342
Our address is:
- Neighbourhoods & Climate Change
- Durham County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ