MyView - staff and manager self-service HR portal
Find out how to use MyView, our internal human resources and payroll system.
How to access MyView
If you are a member of council staff and logged onto the council network using a work device you will be able to access MyView without entering your login details.
If using MyView from outside the council network, you will need your employee number, password and security question.
If you are not registered for MyView, please contact us by email with your full name, employee number, date of birth, national insurance (NI) number and work email address.
What you can do on MyView
- view and update personal details
- view and download interactive payslip and P60 information
- add mileage and expense claims (with receipts)
- manage vehicle information
- view organisational charts
- request annual and flexi leave
- upload ID photographs
- record gifts, hospitality and other declarations
- approve mileage and expenses claims, training requests and requests for leave
- record and monitor absence
- access a variety of analytics for their staff
- report Establishment Changes to Payroll
Help and support
Guidance documents have been created to help you use the system.
Adding icons to your smart device
MyView password rules
The next time you are prompted to change your password your new password will need to conform to the following specification:
- be a minimum of 14 characters long
- include at least three out of the four character types: uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters (eg ! £ $ / &)
- not be one of the last 24 passwords used
- be changed at least once per year
- not be changed more than once per day
Using the above rules, you should aim to construct a password that is complex, memorable to you and should not refer to something that is easily guessable such as your name or where you work.
Please note that you will now only be required to change your password once a year from the next time you change it.
You must ensure that your password is kept secure so please do not share your password with another person, remember, you will be held responsible for all activity on your MyView account using your log on credentials. You are also reminded to only attempt to gain access to your own record via MyView.
As a general rule, always remember to lock your computer/device when you move away from it to prevent unauthorised access to your data and information. The quickest way to lock your computer is by pressing the 'Windows' and 'L' keys at the same time.
You can add a shortcut to your mobile phone, tablet or computer for quick access to the log in screen from outside the network.
Performance Development Reviews (PDRs) are accessed and stored in the Durham Learning and Development system.
Some group PDRs and those that are paper based, as well as supervision documents are uploaded to MyView. This module also allows managers and staff to view any appraisal history prior to the launch of PDRs in 2019.
We have also been provided with a MyView training video.
Full-time staff - requesting leave
Part-time staff - requesting leave
Withdraw, cancel or amend leave
Managers - approving leave requests
For all other help and support, contact us at the MyView helpdesk between 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9.00am to 4.00pm Friday. For any queries outside these hours please contact us by email referencing your employee number.
- 03000 269 919