Pay a parking fine
If you park where there are parking restrictions in County Durham you may receive a fine. A parking fine is called a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Pay/appeal against a parking fine/Penalty Charge Notice online. Please note that the ticket details may not appear online until 24 hours after the fine has been issued.
Other ways to pay
- automated payment line 0330 0884 785
- telephone: 0191 384 6633
How much it costs
The cost of parking fines depends on what you have done - fines are £50 or £70.
If you pay within 14 days, the cost will be reduced by 50%.
What to do if you don't agree with the fine
Find out about Challenge a parking fine.
- If it's attached to the vehicle's windscreen or handed to the vehicle's driver, you can make an informal challenge.
- If it can't be issued at the time of the offence, it will be sent by post and will automatically move to the next stage of the process as a Notice to Owner.
Please see What happens if you don't pay a parking fine.
Why we issue fines
We issues parking fines to:
- keep traffic moving (including pedestrians and cyclists)
- improve road safety
- improve the environment
- improve the quality and accessibility of public transport
- meet the needs of disabled people, some of whom will be unable to use public transport, and depend on the use of a car