The chance that you or your family will be a victim of crime is very low. However, we are aware that for some people the fear of crime is very real.
Take sensible precautions
The best way to cut the risk of becoming a victim of crime is by taking sensible precautions. You may already be doing this as part of your everyday lives without realising it:
- Plan your route before setting off. You will be safer in brighter, well-lit, busy areas.
- Tell friends, family or people you work with where you are going and what time you will be back.
- Take time to think about what you would do in an emergency and have a rough plan in your mind.
Tips and advice
Download ourfor tips and advice on:
- personal belongings
- mobile phones and smartphones
- mp3s and iPods
- laptops and tablets
- staying safe on public transport
- staying safe when driving
- staying safe in taxis