Durham Schools Forum
The Durham Schools Forum is a formal advisory and decision making body on matters relating to school funding.
It consists of school and academy representatives, headteachers, governors, non-school members, 14-19 partnership, early years private, voluntary/independent sector providers, diocese and union representatives.
The forum meets at least four times a year and is open to the public.
It provides a means of communication between local authorities and schools on funding matters affecting schools. It must be consulted on any changes to the formula used to fund schools, and the financial effects of any proposed changes. Finally, it is consulted annually on financial issues relating to:
- pupils with special educational needs
- use of pupil referral units and education of children otherwise at school
- early years
- administration of the allocation of central government grants paid to schools via the local authority
- contracts for provision of services to schools.
The next meeting
The next meetings of the Durham Schools Forum will take place on:
- Thursday 30 March 2023, online
- Tuesday 27 June 2023, online
- Wednesday 27 September 2023, Durham Leadership Centre, 9 Enterprise Way, Spennymoor DL16 6YP
- Thursday 23 November 2023, online
Meetings will begin at 9.30am.
Schools forum minutes and agendas
Please contact us for papers from previous meetings.
Schools forum membership
Schools forum governance
- Durham Schools Forum
- 03000 265 853
Our address is:
- Children and Young People's Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UJ